Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass ...
Its about learning to dance in the rain!!!
There are many things in life that will catch your eye
but only a few will catch your heart... Pursue those

This is my small effort to make you smile for a while...






Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Being Fi(a)t


People kept advising me to grow in life and so I took their advice seriously in fact so seriously that I forgot to ask them the context what they meant ;) And so I started growing from fat to fatter to current state fattest!!!
My sister and cousins are majorly hit by this and that’s because I am buying cloths of size XXXLL and none of them can be reused among the group, but the clever little one did find some use for my cloths she told she can take it on her trek and use it as tent!!!
How on earth I can accept such an allegation….
So decided to fight back with some proper facts and strategies, so here is the glimpse of what actually happened…

           Number Logic:  I checked my weight by torturing my weighing machine by standing on it in different angles and poses… not once but many times so much so that I now find all those kung fu panda standing on one leg pictures so much inspired by me!!! And the dumb machine continuously swung high up in the air all the time and with no mistake, oh sorry there was a mistake… and that it weighed me higher than the previous measurements repeatedly. So gave up on it and decided that it’s not working properly … Thank god machines don’t speak :P else it would be so horrible to hear these machines like weighing machine, cars, lifts etc curse me whenever I am on them!!!  --- Attempt Failed
2.       Old is gold: I had this complete plan in place. I decided to choose one of my old tops and jean and there I had meticulously planned about how stylish I will walk in front of them and show them that I haven’t changed a bit!!! So all set I choose the years old smallest top and jeans (now this is called confidence isn’t it!!!) I hate to admit that I struggled a bit fitting in it ok ok don’t roll your eyes struggled a lot but by famous techniques like sucking in my tummy and holding the waist of jean and jumping while pulling it up I was somehow able to fit in to it but then sudden suffocation in my lungs panicked me and forced me to get out of it immediately!!! ufff do you think It was easy !!! Hell was yet to break!! No matter how much I tried I was not able to get out of it…  Finally it was Scissors… the only option left. --- Attempt failed

3.       Final call: after repeated failures it was now time for some cheating!!! Which is blackmailing one of my little cousins by hiding the TV Remote, I asked him to lie in front of my sister and cousins. Plot was simple, I asked him to compliment me that I have really pulled down a lot…. And so my little cousin religiously followed my instruction and told that “Ramya has put down a lot and now she looks fit” wow I was so happy to see the surprised look on my cousins face until he turned towards me and asked  “is this enough did I say all that U asked me to say? Will you give the remote now!!!!!” and the entire floor bursts out in laughter!!! ----- Deadly failure!

I would have totally neglected if anyone one of this had not happened but hard luck all of this happened and so I am now all concentrating to progress from Being Fat to Being Fit…
Wish me luck dear buddies … 

image courtesy: http://lolyard.com/

30 comments:

Rahul Bhatia said...

You have a well wisher signing in first knowing that you are fitter than what you claim to be, as pictures speak for themselves:)

HA!fA ZUbA!R said...

so now U know what it means to grow ??!!!! B-)

lyingthetruths.blogspot.com

DEBAJYOTI said...

you actually shouldn't think too much about it. just set a goal for yourself e.g., - i need to look like this 6 months from now. things will fall in place automatically. no need to follow any diet (just don't overeat :D), work out properly and be active.

absolutely loved reading this post :)

Prashanth said...

I have notice that some girls get into depression because of this being fat thing. As you have rightly pointed out in the end, reducing weight to become fit will help a lot rather reducing weight just to satisfy someone.

You will become fit for sure, keep smiling...Cheers..:)

Sonia said...

Good luck for your weight loosing mission Ramya :) Use My Fitness Pal app if you have got an android phone. I found it useful in putting down weight:)
Hilarious post it is..

Ramya said...

@Rahul sir: :) Thanks for being kind :D hahaha and yeah you are the first one to wish me best of luck :D

@Ha!fa: yeah :( sadly yes!

Ramya said...

@Debajyothi: lol not at all worried :D having fun and being in love with how ever I am ;) thats the best thing I can do about it!!!
The post is intended to make you smile for a while :D
Thanks a lot for all the nice tips you have given :D

Dheeraj said...

Ramya will always be Ramya... either ways be proud that soem one outside will tell that you are lucky to find a hubby that keeps u healthy wealthy and nice :) :P

Ramya said...

@Prashanth: rightly said I need to be fit for myself not to impress anyone :D
oh yes thanks for that nice tip :D Keep smiling :D is all I do ;)


@Sonia: hello dear yeah that superb :D app :D will surely get it for myself too :D Happy that you liked the post :D

Nuthan said...

Firstly, a clever title.. disguising the letter 'a' as if the word 'fat' never existed ; )
And a proper hilarious post!! can't stop laughing at all the deadly ideas you used.
Best Wishes for your Being-fit plan. : )
I have been thinking about it since an year now and I am still thinking and doing nothing abt it : (



Nuthan said...

btw... Ramya I have a suggestion for your next post..
you know this bit in your post..
"Thank god machines don’t speak :P else it would be so horrible to hear these machines like weighing machine, cars, lifts etc"
how about writing a post on any of these machines speaking.. anything that you deal with on a daily basis ; )

KParthasarathi said...

Hilarious Ramya.You had me in splits.You have a high sense of humour when you can crack a joke on yourself and laugh.
Haven't you heard of Shakespeare in Julius Caesar“Yond Cassius has a lean and hungry look. He thinks too much; such men are dangerous.”

Found In Folsom said...

Hehehhe...I was visualising how you did the whole process...:-P ok now, good luck and stop eating rice, cookies, brownies, chocolates and all that stuff...;-)

Ramya said...

@Nuthan: hahaha happy that you like the post. Superb you notice the trick in the title :D. Yeah have started seriously about doing something on the Being fit part ;) let me see how far I go :D.
Also you too start it right away :D if keep planning you will never start it :D So just go for it :) trust me you will have really nice time :D

And hahaha how we think alike you know what me and my colleagues here were discussing so many funny incidents if the lifts ever spoke so surely I will come up with a post about it :D but next post may not be possible trust me that will be one of my topics :D

Jenny said...

hehe Ramya, you have clearly exxagerated here girl. You are defintely what you have portrayed here! But you know what, if you need company on this journey, please count me in. Because you see 'together we can and we will' loose weight ;-)

Very very witty one! All rofls all along the post!

Jenny said...

I mean you are definetely NOT :-(

Ramya said...

@KP: Very happy that I made you laugh :D yes laughing at oneself is the best medicine :) and about that Shakespeare I guess I need to read more to get the exact content what that meant to appreciate it more :D

Very happy that you stopped by to tell me that you laughed for my effort of making you smile :D

Thanks a lot KP...

Ramya said...

@FIF: happy that you smiled ;) also you visualized hahaa :D thanks alot dear for all those useful tips will take it :D

Ramya said...

@Jen: Heyyyyyyy dear hahaha yeah not as much as one imagines after reading this post :D But yes I am superbly overweight and so I will have to really work out to shed soon :D and so we both are company now :) pls lets share details and do workout ;)together remotely :D
Happy that the post made you smile :)

Unknown said...

Very funny :)and Good luck Ramya :) Hope to see your new look very soon I can give you some tips bceoz I struggled lot to transform myself from fat-fit and somehow successful in it :)

Ganesh Puttu said...

join the club..or rather leave the club....the club of the "Fat but fit"...we all have weighty issues..but we shouldnt let that weigh us down....glad to see that you still retain a sense of humor over this

Ramya said...

@Nandan: yeahhhhhhhh seriously you are my inspiration now. You got to tell me all the struggle you faced. I am so eager to know. thanks and congrats on your success.

@Ganesh: Hey Doc yeah :) atleast I am happy that :D we are FAt but fit and definitely it will never weigh me down but motivates me to work hard to become fit and smart :D thanks :D

Ruprekha said...

Just dropped by your space while searching something, but I'm so glad I did. What a hilarious post, enjoyed reading :))
Nevertheless, all the best :))

Ramya said...

@Rupreka: AH I am very glad that you landed on Chittrana, welcome to Chittrana and keep coming back :D
I also followed to your blogs its amazing to read about you and your activities. Lets catch up more in the Blogworld.

Unknown said...

Believe yourself, so that you can get the confidence to achieve anything in the world.

Thank you..
Reshma M,
Online Bus Ticket Booking booking online is just a click Away!

Nivedita Chirantan said...

best of luck.. am on the same road :)

adhi das said...

Greetings of the day & thanks giving to my dear readers for ur support..keep in touch..GOD<3U

Santhoshkumar LM said...

hahahaha...ROFL:)

BGT said...

A deadly failure of the plan indeed! But I don't think weight is that much an issue Ramya. Almost all guys (all the lazy ones especially) believe that they are in shape. Round is a shape, after all :P

Ramya said...

@Reshma and @Adhi das: thanks :D

@Niveditha: hahha so I have company :D

@Santhosh: happy that i made you laugh

@Binu: oh no no sir its an issue :D Gynec wont buy that argument that round is a shap phew!